With the first month of 2024 coming to an end, it’s a great time to check in on the progress you’ve made toward the goals you’ve set for the year. Whether you’re looking to get into better physical shape, reach a career milestone, or gain better control over any medical conditions you experience on a regular basis, wellness is an important part of moving toward your goals in a steady, efficient way. Make sure that you are:
- Staying physically active (about 150 minutes of moderate exercise, including 2 days of strength training, each week)
- Getting enough sleep (at least 7 hours per night)
- Making some time each week for social connections with friends and loved ones
- Eating enough food for your size
- Avoiding smoking and limiting consumption of harmful substances such as alcohol
- Making some time each week for leisurely activities that you enjoy
- Practicing mindfulness and staying focused on the present moment
- Keeping up with preventative medical screenings and addressing medical problems as they appear by visiting a doctor
For preventative visits and specialized treatment for medical problems, you can schedule an appointment at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center’s Ambulatory Care Center by calling (718) 206-7001.
All content of this newsletter is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult a medical professional before adopting any of the suggestions on this page. You must never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment based upon any content of this newsletter. PROMPTLY CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR CALL 911 IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY.