National Lima Bean Respect Day is observed on April 20. Lima beans are a good source of protein, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc. Lima beans can increase energy levels by helping to restore iron. They are delicious in soups, stews, salads, casseroles, by themselves or mixed with other vegetables.
In honor of National Lima Bean Respect Day, try this easy and delicious Lamb Kebabs and Lima Bean Salad recipe:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/2 pound boneless lamb top round steak or shoulder chop, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 pieces
- 1medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges (stem end left intact)
- 1 pound frozen baby lima beans
- 1 ounce Feta, crumbled (1/4cup)
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup torn fresh mint leaves
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make the vinaigrette: whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Transfer half the vinaigrette to another medium brown, add the lamb and toss to coat.
- Heat broiler. Thread the lamb, lemon and onion onto the skewers and place on a broiler-proof baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Add the beans and 1 tablespoon salt to the boiling water and cook until the beans are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water, drain well and add to the bowel with the remaining vinaigrette. Add the Feta, olives and mint and toss to combine. Serve with the kebabs
Total Time: 40 min
For this and other easy recipes visit –
All content of this newsletter is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult a medical professional before adopting any of the suggestions on this page. You must never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment based upon any content of this newsletter. PROMPTLY CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR CALL 911 IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY.