Getting stung by a bee is not the most pleasant experience to say the least. In the event that you are stung by a bee here are a few helpful steps to follow:
- Remove the stinger as soon as you can, as it only takes seconds for the venom to enter your body. Scrape the stinger off the best way that you can (example: fingernail, tweezer,credit card ).
- Wash the sting area with soap and water.
- Apply cold compresses or ice to relieve pain and ease swelling.
The treatment steps for minor reactions to bee stings are not as effective for those who have severe allergic reactions. If you are allergic to bees and are stung, contact your primary care provider or seek emergency medical care immediately. Severe reactions may need epinephrine, by way of an Epi-Pen.
All content of this newsletter is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult a medical professional before adopting any of the suggestions on this page. You must never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment based upon any content of this newsletter. PROMPTLY CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR CALL 911 IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY.