Decades Of Making A Difference
Two Convenient Locations
178-10 Wexford Terrace
103-26 68th Road
ACP’S Therapists meet high professional standards ACP’s standards are rigorous.
All of our psychiatrists are Board-eligible or Board-certified. Many of our therapists are graduates of postgraduate training institutes for psychotherapy. This includes The Advanced Institute for Analytic Psychotherapy (AIAP), which is affiliated with ACP. The New York State Board of Regents charters the Institute. Other ACP therapists have postgraduate training from other institutes and many years of experience.
Our professional staff consists of licensed and certified psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and other mental health professionals.
After therapy at ACP, people feel better about themselves and their lives. You and your family can feel the same.
We provide professional counseling to:
Adults who feel overwhelmed by marital
problems, career changes, new family demands, medical
difficulties, and mid-life
- Young children who have depression, hyperactivity, behavioral
problems at home or school, sleep disturbances, and bedwetting.
- Adolescents who are experiencing erratic behavior, mood
swings, aggressiveness, eating problems, difficulties with
school work, and social situations.
- Foster-care children and caregivers who require individual
therapy, support and assistance.
- Elders who are experiencing feelings related to depression,
alienation, grief and loss, isolation, deteriorating health,
and lack of purpose.
- People with a history of serious psychiatric illness who
require specialized treatment to help them live more independently.
- Recent immigrants who are experiencing feelings of depression,
anxiety, and loss, as they adjust to living in their new
- People recovering from substance abuse who want to achieve
sobriety, establish more fulfilling relationships, and get
their career back on track.
- Victims of serious trauma who need help in coping with their
experiences and resuming a productive life.
ACP’S Extensive Mental Health Service
- Individual psychotherapy
- Group psychotherapy
- Couples and family therapy
- Play therapy for children
- Support groups
- Crisis intervention
- Psychiatric and psychological evaluations
- Case management
- Services for the aged
The Russian Family Program, provides comprehensive services
for Russian-speaking people at Forest Hills. Call: 718-459-8502.
ACP’s expanding Group Psychotherapy program includes groups
- Parenting skills
- Smoking cessation
- Coping with loss
- Socialization skills
A Respectful, supporting, caring Attitude for all
We offer the referring professional:
- Convenient locations and flexible hours including evening
and weekend hours
- A prompt appointment and a thorough intake process
- A responsive attitude to the referring case worker’s
need for ongoing consultation with the therapist
- The expertise to handle complex issues and apprehensive
- Short and long-term individual and group therapy
- A welcoming attitude toward children and adolescents
- Flexible approach to individual needs
- Interdisciplinary approach to treatment