The Division of Infectious Disease at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center provides treatment to those diagnosed with infectious disorders caused by organisms such as viruses, bacteria, parasites or fungi.
Our Board Certified physicians utilizes a state-of-the art microbiology lab , as well as the most advanced tools in medicine to diagnose and treat a broad range of communicable and non- communicable infectious diseases on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Some of the diseases that we treat include but are not limited to:
- HIV/ AIDS
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (Including syphilis, herpes, gonorrhea and chlamydia)
- Urinary tract infection
- Hepatitis A, B
- Influenza (Flu)
- Staphylococcal infections such as MRSA
- Lyme disease
- Complicated skin and soft tissue infection
- Travel associated fever and infections
- Diabetic foot infection (Including osteomyelitis)
- Community acquired and health care associated pneumonia(MDRO)
- Orthopedic associated infection(Including hardware, prosthetics and bone and joint infection)
The Division of Infectious Disease works closely with Jamaica Hospital’s Infection Control Committee to implement policies and procedures that ensure patient safety.