Infectious Disease Physicians
The Division of Infectious Disease at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center provides treatment to those diagnosed with infectious disorders caused by organisms such as viruses, bacteria, parasites or fungi.
Our Board Certified infectious disease physicians utilize a state-of-the-art microbiology lab as well as the most advanced tools in medicine to diagnose and treat a broad range of communicable and non-communicable infectious disorders on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Outpatient treatment is adequate for a majority of conditions, though our physicians may recommend inpatient treatment for conditions that are highly contagious or that require an aggressive course of treatment.
Some of the diseases that we treat include but are not limited to:
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (including syphilis, herpes, gonorrhea and chlamydia)
- Urinary tract infection
- Hepatitis A, B
- Influenza (Flu)
- Staphylococcal infections such as MRSA
- Lyme disease
- Complicated skin and soft tissue infection
- Travel-associated fever and infections
- Diabetic foot infection (including osteomyelitis)
- Community-acquired and healthcare-associated pneumonia (MDRO)
- Orthopedic-associated infection (including hardware, prosthetics and bone and joint infection)
Our infectious disease physicians work closely with Jamaica Hospital’s Infection Control Committee to implement policies and procedures that ensure patient safety throughout the entire treatment process.
To learn more about our infectious disease services or to make an appointment with our infectious disease physicians, please contact Jamaica Hospital Medical Center at 718-206-6000.