Breastfeeding/chestfeeding can be challenging at times, especially being a new parent. But here at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center we want to let you know that you are not alone and we are here to support you on your breastfeeding/chestfeeding journey. We offer a host of breastfeeding/chestfeeding resources in the Jamaica Community. These support services are:
- JHMC WIC – Peer counselors follow up with moms and offer support throughout their breastfeeding/chestfeeding challenges. The IBCLC is on hand to assist patients who need immediate attention.
- Women’s Health Center- Provides one-to-one support with our Certified Lactation Counselor. If more clinical concerns are needed, patients can be seen by our in-patient Lactation Consultant or Midwife.
- NYLCA (New York Lactation Consultant Association) – If you have private insurance, we can refer you to our IBCLC members for ongoing one-to-one support.
- Chocolate Milk Café- Is a peer-to-peer support group for Mothers of Color which offers prenatal and postpartum support. Queens chapter coming 2023!
- JHMC in patient Lactation Consultants as well as our JHMC Midwives/IBCLCs for complicated situations.
Below you will find a link to videos providing information on breastfeeding/chestfeeding as well as other prenatal and postnatal topics.
Breastfeeding/chestfeeding classes also include the scheduler
WIC Prenatal Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding Support Group- include location map
Women’s Health Center Postpartum Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding Support Group-include location map