Jamaica Hospital Medical Center’s Department of Radiology offers advanced Breast Imaging services.
We are a patient-centered team and are proud that the American College of Radiology recognizes us for our compassion and quality of care.
The Department of Radiology utilizes the most state-of-the-art imaging equipment in the industry for screening and diagnostic breast imaging. We provide expert mammographic sonographic and MRI interpretation.
Why choose Breast Imaging at Jamaica Hospital?
- Jamaica Hospital is designated as a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Jamaica Hospital upholds the highest standards of imaging quality with continuous standards in place to minimize radiation
- All images are interpreted by board certified, expertly trained radiologists in breast imaging
Breast Imaging Services provided by our department include but is not limited to:
- Digital screening mammography with tomosynthesis (3D)
- Digital diagnostic mammography with tomosynthesis (3D)
- Diagnostic breast ultrasound
- Ultrasound-guided breast cyst aspiration
- Breast core biopsy and fine needle aspiration
- Stereotactic-guided breast core biopsy
- Needle localization
- Magnetically inducible seed localization (no wires)
- MRI Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (Flushing)
- MRI-guided core biopsy (Flushing)
Mammography services are provided by radiologists who are among the best in their field. Our team includes the following physicians:
Sohita Mehra, MD -Chief of Breast Imaging
Robert Solomon, MD
Gideon Yoeli, MD
William Chiu, MD
John Yang, MD
Angel Premkumar, MD