As NYC moves forward after the COVID-19 pandemic, the Emergency Department at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center has enacted multiple safety measures to ensure the well-being of our patients seeking medical care.
- Face masks will be provided to all patients, with instructions for proper fitting.
- Enhanced disinfection and cleaning measures have been instituted to address COVID-19 concerns. Comprehensive cleaning, disinfection of high-touch surfaces (including door handles and bathrooms), and provision of additional hand sanitizer machines are some of the many measures already instituted.
- All Providers wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when interacting with patients.
- COVID-19 screening questions are performed for all Emergency Department patients, with the Provider informed of any high-risk patients.
- Visitation of patients in the Emergency Department is limited to situations when it is “medically necessary”, and at the discretion of the treating team for a limited duration. All visitors who pass temperature checks and COVID-19 screening questions, are provided with appropriate PPE, including face masks. Instructions for proper fitting and hand hygiene are provided also.
- Private isolation rooms are available for patients who are under investigation or test-positive for COVID-19, away from other ER patients who are not under investigation for COVID-19.
- Social distancing measures are supported in the walk-in-entrance and waiting room areas of the Emergency Department