- Jamaica Hospital is a 408-bed, not-for-profit teaching hospital
- Nearly 120,000 patients were treated in JHMC’s Emergency Department
- Approximately 300,000 patients were seen in JHMC’s Ambulatory Care Centers with locations at the main campus and also at the offsite centers in the community
- Over 2,200 deliveries were performed at Jamaica Hospital’s modern Labor and Delivery Suites
- Jamaica Hospital was established in 1891, in a rented, four-bedroom home in Jamaica, Queens. The hospital currently serves a population greater than 1.2 million in Queens and eastern Brooklyn.
- The hospital’s Emergency Department— a Level I Trauma Center and Stroke Center – is one of the busiest in New York and the only one in South Queens. It is designated as a NYC Hypothermia/Cardiac Destination Facility and also includes a dedicated pediatric emergency room, chest pain center, and fast track area for minor injuries.
- Our Ambulatory Care Department offers a full range of services, including pediatrics, internal medicine, family medicine, podiatry, surgery, gastroenterology, dermatology, neurology, orthopedics, radiology, social services, nutrition, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, pulmonary rehabilitation, cardiology, and urology. JHMC also has a network of Ambulatory Care Centers, known as MediSys Family Health Centers, located throughout Brooklyn and Queens.
- JHMC’s Department of OB/GYN has 12 ultra-modern and spacious Labor, Delivery & Recovery Suites. In addition, the OB/GYN department boasts a Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, which uses the up to date treatments and equipment to ensure the health of mother and baby. Our Gynecologic Division uses the newest minimally invasive surgical techniques to ensure a fast recovery and positive outcome. Lastly, we were designated as a Baby Friendly Hospital, which demonstrates our dedication to encourage breast feeding.
- Jamaica Hospital’s Division of Sleep Medicine boasts a state-of-the-art Sleep Center to diagnose and treat sleep disorders in adults and children. The four-bed center, where overnight tests are performed, features private rooms in a comfortable, home-like environment. In addition, the hospital operates an Outpatient Sleep Clinic, where sleep disorders in adults and children are evaluated and treated.
- The Department of Radiology at JHMC is fully accredited by the ACR and uses the latest technologies, including low-dose, high-speed CT scanners and a MRI, and offers a wide variety of state-of-the-art diagnostic and specialty services, including ultrasound, mammography, fluoroscopic procedures, diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, and interventional radiology.
- The Department of Pediatrics at JHMC offers a wide variety of medical and surgical subspecialty services in modern facilities for children from birth through adolescence. The department consists of a Special Care Unit, a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and a 10-bed nursery. It also boasts a Pediatric Cardiology subspecialty service for newborns and babies with congenital heart diseases.
- JHMC’s Palliative Care Consultation Program provides a variety of services to individuals facing life threatening illnesses and their families, including comprehensive medical care, pastoral care, pain management, holistic nursing, pharmacy, dietary, physical and occupational therapy, anesthesia, and social work. In collaboration with Hospice of New York, JHMC also operates a Hospice Unit, where medical care and a variety of comfort care services are provided to patients with less than two weeks to live.
- The Cardiology Department at JHMC boasts a cardiac catheterization laboratory, as well as a full non-invasive laboratory. The department also has an established arrhythmia service, offers elective angioplasty, and is suited to perform a wide variety of testing, including: electrocardiograms, echocardiograms, stress tests, and pacemaker evaluation, to name a few.
- The Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health at JHMC has a dedicated Psychiatric Emergency Department with a six bed observation unit. The department recently implemented a Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program and established a mobile crisis team. Inpatient, consultation and liaison services are available; there is also an outpatient clinic for adolescents and adults. Jamaica Hospital is one of the few hospitals in Queens to offer mental health programs.
- The Division of Pulmonary Medicine offers a wide variety of services to help diagnose and treat patients with lung disease. The Division features a Pulmonary Function Laboratory, offers bronchial thermoplasty, and conducts clinical research trials throughout the year
President and CEO: Bruce J. Flanz
Executive Vice President and CFO:Mounir F. Doss
Executive Vice President and COO:William Lynch