- Jamaica Hospital is a 408-bed, not-for-profit teaching hospital
- Nearly 120,000 patients were treated in JHMC’s Emergency Department
- Approximately 300,000 patients were seen in JHMC’s Ambulatory Care Centers with locations at the main campus and also at the offsite centers in the community
- Approximately 2,000 deliveries were performed at Jamaica Hospital’s modern Labor and Delivery Suites
- Jamaica Hospital was established in 1891, in a rented, four-bedroom home in Jamaica, Queens. The hospital currently serves a population greater than 1.2 million in Queens and eastern Brooklyn.
- The hospital’s Emergency Department— a Level I Trauma Center and Stroke Center – is one of the busiest in New York and the only one in South Queens. It is designated as a NYC Hypothermia/Cardiac Destination Facility and also includes a dedicated pediatric emergency room, chest pain center, and fast track area for minor injuries.
- Jamaica Hospital’s Ambulatory Care Department offers a full range of services, including pediatrics, internal medicine, family medicine, podiatry, surgery, gastroenterology, dermatology, neurology, orthopedics, radiology, social services, nutrition, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, pulmonary rehabilitation, cardiology, and urology. JHMC also has a network of Ambulatory Care Centers, known as MediSys Family Health Centers, located throughout Brooklyn and Queens.
- Jamaica Hospital’s Department of Women;s Health has recently been designated a Baby-Friendly Hospital, which means that we have successfully implemented the”10 Steps to successful Breastfeeding.” Our 12 ultra-modern and spacious Labor, Delivery & Recovery Suites. In addition, the OB/GYN department boasts a Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, which uses the up to date treatments and equipment to ensure the health of mother and baby. Our Gynecologic Division uses the newest minimally invasive surgical techniques to ensure a fast recovery and positive outcome. Lastly, we were designated as a Baby Friendly Hospital, which demonstrates our dedication to encourage breast feeding.
- Jamaica Hospital’s Division of Sleep Medicine boasts a state-of-the-art Sleep Center to diagnose and treat sleep disorders in adults and children. The four-bed center, where overnight tests are performed, features private rooms in a comfortable, home-like environment. In addition, the hospital operates an Outpatient Sleep Clinic, where sleep disorders in adults and children are evaluated and treated.
- The Department of Radiology at Jamaica Hospital is fully accredited by the ACR and uses the latest technologies, including low-dose, high-speed CT scanners and a MRI, and offers a wide variety of state-of-the-art diagnostic and specialty services, including ultrasound, mammography, fluoroscopic procedures, diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, and interventional radiology.
- The Department of Pediatrics at JHMC offers a wide variety of medical and surgical subspecialty services in modern facilities for children from birth through adolescence. The department consists of a Special Care Unit, a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and a 10-bed nursery. It also boasts a Pediatric Cardiology subspecialty service for newborns and babies with congenital heart diseases.
- Jamaica Hospital’s Palliative Care Consultation Program provides a variety of services to individuals and their families facing life threatening illnesses. Services include: comprehensive medical comfort care, advanced planning, pastoral care, pain and symptom management, holistic nursing and psycho- social services. In collaboration with Hospice of New York, JHMC also operates a Hospice Unit, The Ferrara Family Center for Hospice Care, where medical care and a variety of comfort care services are provided to patients with life limiting illness.
- The Cardiology Department at Jamaica Hospital includes the newly constructed, state-of-the-art Thomas Santucci Cardiovascluar Interventional Suite as well as a cardiac catheterization laboratory, as well as a full non-invasive laboratory. The department also has an established arrhythmia service, offers elective angioplasty, and is suited to perform a wide variety of testing, including: electrocardiograms, echocardiograms, stress tests, and pacemaker evaluation, to name a few.
- The Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health at Jamaica Hospital offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services to our community. Our Psychiatric Emergency Program for adults consists of an emergency department, an extended observation unit, and a mobile crisis team. We also have two, secure, 28 bed inpatient units and we offer a wide range of individual and group therapy for adults and children at our outpatient facility.
- The Division of Pulmonary Medicine offers a wide variety of services to help diagnose and treat patients with lung disease. The Division features a Pulmonary Function Laboratory, offers bronchial thermoplasty, and conducts clinical research trials throughout the year
President and CEO: Bruce J. Flanz
Executive Vice President and CFO:Mounir F. Doss
Executive Vice President and COO:William Lynch