The Avocado is a very healthy and unique fruit. It is abundant in healthy fats, nutrients and has numerous health and beauty benefits. Some of the nutrients found in this super fruit include, vitamins C, B6, K, Folate and Potassium.
Some of the benefits of the avocado include:
- It is a great source of Oleic acid-this healthy fat reduces inflammation and lowers bad cholesterol
- Monounsaturated fats in the avocado can improve your skin tone by maintaining good moisture levels, repairing damaged skin cells, reducing skin redness and irritation.
- Avocados are good for weight loss. The body uses monounsaturated fats as slow burning energy than storing it as fat. This gives you a feeling of fullness and reduces your appetite
- Vitamin B6 and folic acid controls homecysteine levels which are linked to an increased risk in heart disease.
- It is high in fiber and antioxidants
- Avocados are a great source of biotin which helps prevent dry and brittle nails and hair.
Not only are avocados delicious but they are good for you. Enjoy them in guacamole, salads, as a spread, on a sandwich or by itself.
The content in this newsletter is intended to be informational only. Please consult a medical professional before adopting any of the suggestions on this page.